Header Ads

Show HN: I made a new kind of Trusted Timestamp based on plaintext encoding https://ift.tt/3xd2G4W

Show HN: I made a new kind of Trusted Timestamp based on plaintext encoding I've just launched a new site that creates Trusted Timestamps. Anyone can use it to make any data immutable going forward in time. By "verifying" a Trusted Timestamp against a file, you certify that file has not been altered since the time the Trusted Timestamp was created at. Trusted Timestamps are not a new idea, there is a standard defined in RFC3161 and some other prior work as well. My design though is different as it is based on plain-text, human readable files. I believe this makes this form of Trusted Timestamp more accessible for a wider set of applications. I found the RFC3161 timestamp standard to be difficult to work with, and I also found the existing providers of Trusted Timestamps to not be particularly suitable for building on top of. This is why I made TimestampIt! I have my own plans for applications to build on top of this basic site, however I would love to see what ideas everyone else can come up with. Any feedback is appreciated! https://ift.tt/SdxhJpa August 7, 2024 at 07:09AM

No comments

Powered by Blogger.