Header Ads

Show HN: I built interactive map of active and decommissioned nuclear stations https://ift.tt/dyF8sY7

Show HN: I built interactive map of active and decommissioned nuclear stations Hi all, I am not an expert in nuclear energy but I've always wondered and found it difficult to get a clear picture about the amount of nuclear stations located in a specific region. So I built this tool that shows all the nuclear plants in the world, scaled by their capacity and with indication of their status. Clustering is enabled by default and allows to see the sum potential capacity of a region. It's a fun tool for me: e.g. disable clustering, scale circle radius to 70%, go to EU, and you'll see Germany has shutdown all of the stations. Ofc it's a widely known fact, but what came to my surprise is that Poland, Turkey, Scandinavian countries, Africa have literally 1 to none nuclear stations. Which is kinda strange because some of these regions are modern, well-developed, and Africa specifically was sourcing lots of nuclear fuel for other countries other the years. idk what to do with it yet, but I think I'll come up with ideas for future improvements as I believe nuclear sector will grow drastically. https://ift.tt/smdbZT4 August 8, 2024 at 08:40AM

No comments

Powered by Blogger.