Header Ads

Show HN: I made a simple but powerful deployment tool https://ift.tt/nM12Emj

Show HN: I made a simple but powerful deployment tool Been using it for about a year now in production, but rewrote it completely in golang. My first go project so far. I wanted to have something that would make my life easier. A lot of tools nowaday kinda push you towards functional deployments and that usually doesn't work for me since I like stuff like LiveView by Phoenix and Websocket stuff in general. Old vercel deployments back when they allowed to deploy docker containers was a godsend, but since they don't offer that anymore I had to use services like fly.io(which is amazing) or heroku. However I wanted something selfhosted that I could just grab any VPS and use it, not being reliant on any one party for hosting, CI\CD, maintanence or anything really and so far it's going great. Hosting some small to medium sized projects using this little fella. Would be cool if yall would look at it and tell me what you think. Comments on my code also would be very welcome, go turned out to be very cool and I wanna try more stuff with it I was thinking to maybe use docker swarm to make it horizontally scalable, but it feels like such an overkill, wdyt? https://ift.tt/TCyxOpo May 15, 2024 at 11:15PM

No comments

Powered by Blogger.